Wednesday 9 March 2011

Example Post 1

The object of this post is to show users who may not be familiar with blogger, how to post your copy, images and links.

I have 3 websites of which 2 are already top of page one of the search engines. If you use Google webmaster tools, you can see at a glance how your keywords are performing. When I looked at the data just before writing this post, I can see that on my one site, 3 main keyword phrases are down between 1 & 3 points. Because I want to keep my site as the first entry on page 1, I need to address this issue.

The site in question is Oneworld Images. I would therefore write a blog post that lets people know what we do and I would include and link the keywords I need to push in the post copy;

Oneworld Images provides professional Photography Tuition via 1 Day workshops within the UK and European Photography Holidays. We teach fundamental Photography Skills to hobbyists and aspiring professional photographers alike.

Just by posting that short paragraph above, including my keywords and linking them, it will push them back up the ratings. Now before we go on further, this site is not about DIY seo practices. The above is posted as an example of how you can indulge in a little self help.

Another thing to bear in mind and is one that most website owners neglect until it's too late is content. The search engine spiders will in general crawl the blog sites 2 to 3 times a day. Your main website (unless you provide new content daily) will be crawled once every 2 to 4 weeks. Go ahead and search for your site and see the last time it was cached. Providing the above back links will help your site, but if it ain't already at the top, it's not going to get there on back links alone.

Again, if we take Oneworld Images as an example. My home page is split in to 3 columns, the middle and right hand side column contains copy that I can change in minutes every week. The Photography Workshops page is split in to 2 columns. When a workshop reaches it's go date or is sold out, the image banner is removed and gets replaced with a new one. The same applies to the Photography Holidays page, although this page is set up in a different format. By spending 20 minutes a week changing the content of my website pages, I can get the search spiders to index it more regular than they otherwise would.

In summary, your blog links send the search spiders to you site, they then find new content, which in turn pushes you up the search engines.



No comments: